In Los Angeles, plastic surgery procedures have always been popular. However, new figures released by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons show that men across the country are electing to get tummy tucks and facelifts now more than ever. In 2010, plastic surgery for men increased dramatically, with facelifts for men rising 14%, and male liposuction increasing 7%. Overall, cosmetic plastic surgery procedures in men were up 2% in 2010. ASPS statistics also show that men underwent more than 1.1 million cosmetic procedures overall last year, both minimally-invasive and surgical.
It is clear that men seem to be changing their attitude toward cosmetic surgery; an arena traditionally reserved for women. Like many women, men also want to feel great and look great into their 50’s, 60’s and 70’s.
Below are the TOP TEN fastest growing male cosmetic procedures:
- Facelift – 14% Increase
- Ear Surgery (Otoplasty) – 11% Increase
- Soft Tissue Fillers – 10% Increase
- Botulinum Toxin Type A – 9% Increase
- Liposuction – 7% Increase
- Breast Reduction in Men – 6% Increase
- Eyelid Surgery – 4% Increase
- Dermabrasion – 4% Increase
- Laser Hair Removal – 4% Increase
- Laser Treatment of Leg Veins – 4% Increase