What is a mommy makeover?
A “mommy makeover” is a term used for a set of surgical procedures to restore a woman’s body after pregnancy and breastfeeding. The set of procedures needed often includes a tummy tuck, breast augmentation or a breast lift, or both, or body contouring to remove fatty deposits at love handles, thighs, buttocks, and abdomen. Continue reading to see what a mommy makeover in Beverly Hills can do for you.
Beverly Hills Mommy Makeover Before & After by Dr. Brenner
Mommy makeover benefits
The mommy makeover is so popular because it provides many dramatic benefits in one surgical session. Benefits vary depending on which procedures are included in the mommy makeover. General benefits include the following:
- More youthful, shapely breasts
- A tighter, slimmer abdominal area
- Attractive, balanced proportions
- Effectively rejuvenates the body after childbirth and pregnancy
- Combines several procedures into one
- Reduces anesthesia time
- Combines recovery times
- A dramatic feminine rejuvenation and enhancement
Mommy Makeover Videos
Mommy Makeover in Beverly Hills featured on ET
Mommy Makeover Testimonial - Dr. Brenner Beverly Hills
Dr. Brenner - Tummy Tuck Procedure
Dr. Brenner Patient Testimonials
Dr. Brenner Patient Testimonial
Am I a candidate for a mommy makeover?
If you have any of the following, you may be a candidate for Dr. Brenner's custom mommy makeover in Beverly Hills:
- Droopy, sagging, or deflated looking breasts
- Stretched nipples, overly large nipples
- Saggy skin, fat and tissue on abdomen
- Abdominal muscles appear split (diastasis recti)
- Excess fat on abdomen, flanks (love handles), buttocks, or thighs
What is the cost of a mommy makeover in Beverly Hills?
As a mommy makeover is custom-tailored, the cost varies. Generally, when the procedure involves a tummy tuck and breast augmentation, the cost of a mommy makeover in Beverly Hills is in the range of $13,000 to $15,000, but can go higher.
What procedures are in a mommy makeover?
Breast procedures in a mommy makeover
Breast lift: A breast lift will lift and reshape your natural breast tissue, remove excess skin, and move and reshape the nipple structure when needed.
Breast lift with augmentation: Some women need both a lift and an augmentation to restore rounded, youthful breasts after pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Breast augmentation: You may have lost breast volume after breastfeeding, and a breast augmentation with implants can bring back the youthful, plump bounce.
Breast reduction: Your breasts may have become too large for your frame, looking and feeling heavy and cumbersome. A breast reduction will reshape the breast tissue to a balanced, rounded look and size.
Body procedures in a mommy makeover
Tummy tuck: A tummy tuck resolves excess fat, skin, and tissue on the abdomen, as well as the appearance of split muscles, and stretch marks low on the abdomen. The result is a smooth, young, fit-looking abdomen.
Liposuction: You may have developed fatty deposits on tummy, thighs, love handles and buttocks that need to be removed, using liposuction, to restore a more youthful, slim figure.
Thigh lift: Saggy, overlarge thighs can be slimmed and trimmed to appear youthful, taut, and appealing.
Butt lift: If your buttocks look saggy, droopy, have excess hanging skin and tissue or are overlarge, a butt lift will resculpt the area to appear firm, fit, and attractive.
Labiaplasty: If your genital area has been damaged due to childbirth, a custom labiaplasty can restore the firm look you had prior to having children.
Non-surgical procedures in a mommy makeover
- BOTOX: To smooth frown lines, smile lines, and crow’s feet, BOTOX is one of the fastest and least invasive methods, requiring only about 15 to 20 minutes of your time, with results that last for about three months.
- Laser skin resurfacing: If your skin is unevenly textured, or has developed darker areas (hyperpigmentation), laser skin resurfacing can produce smooth, evenly toned, youthful facial skin.
- Scar reduction: You may feel embarrassed by scars, such as Caesarean scars or stretch marks that can be made far less visible with advanced scar reduction treatments.
What are the incisions?
Breast procedures incisions
The incision placement will be based upon the extent of the corrections needed to restore your breasts. The three options include:
- Periareolar: Around the areola, or the darker skin surrounding the nipple.
- Lollipop: For more correction, these incisions are around the areola, with another incision traveling down the lower section of the breast.
- Anchor: This is the incision placement for breasts that have been significantly damaged by pregnancy and childbirth. The incisions are around the areola, down the lower portion of the breast, and in the natural breast crease.
Body procedures incisions
- Standard tummy tuck: The incision is across the lower abdomen, from hip to hip. Through this incision, excess skin, fat, and tissue is removed, and the abdominal muscle structure tightened to produce a firm, fit appearance. The belly button is typically moved higher to create the most attractive, youthful appearance.
- Extended tummy tuck: This version of the procedure has an incision from hip to hip and extending around the side of your body for a more comprehensive, circumferential restoration of your lower body. The belly button structure is moved to create a very natural look.
- Mini tummy tuck: Appropriate for women who only have damage below the belly button, the incision is placed just above the pubic area. The abdominal muscles are tightened, and excess skin is removed. The belly button is not repositioned during a mini tummy tuck.
What is the Mommy Makeover Recovery Timeline?
Day ofThe day of your mommy makeover surgery will be long and will start early. Arrive for your surgery wearing loose, comfortable clothing with a front closure.
After surgeryAfter your surgery, you will rest for about an hour, being monitored, until being given the okay to be driven home by another person. You will just want to rest for the first day. You will need someone to stay with you for about two days.
Two to three daysThe early stages of recovery are the most difficult, particularly if you have had a tummy tuck. You will be unable to stand erect and will need prescription pain medication to stay comfortable.
Week oneBy the end of the first week you are beginning to feel better, can move around more easily, and the pain, swelling, and bruising are becoming starting to fade away.
Week twoThings are looking up! You will likely not need prescription pain medication, and if uncomfortable, Tylenol is all that is needed. You will still feel tired if you had a tummy tuck, but are more able to move around, and your new body shape is becoming visible as the swelling subsides.
One monthYou no longer need to wear the surgical garments on abdomen and breasts, and the swelling has greatly reduced. You will be feeling like yourself and are ready to show off your newly rejuvenated body. Any bruising is usually gone, and you feel comfortable performing light exercise. You should be able to fit into your normal clothing, but if you had a tummy tuck, you may still have some swelling around the incisions. Don’t worry – a tummy tuck takes a bit longer for the swelling to fully disappear.
Three monthsAt three months, you will be feeling confident in your restored body, with most of the swelling gone for good, your breasts looking plump, round, and natural, and your abdomen slim and firm. You are free to engage in any activities you enjoy, and wear revealing clothing with confidence.
Six monthsAt six months, your mommy makeover will be starting to be a dim memory. You will be feeling comfortable with your newly sculpted body. The scars will be fading and flattening.
One yearAt one year, your body is fully your own. All residual swelling has disappeared, and your scars should be blending in with your skin tone. You will simply be living your life, but with more confidence, as your body will be looking fresh and young – like it did pre-baby.
What about Mommy makeover scars?
All surgeries leave scars, whether a breast lift, breast augmentation, breast reduction, or a tummy tuck. The incisions are placed on the body or breast so that the remaining scars are hidden, even when wearing low-cut, revealing clothing, or a bikini. Caring for your scars correctly will help them fade to being almost imperceptible.
Post Op Instructions: Tummy tuck and breast surgery
For fast healing following your Beverly Hills mommy makeover, it is critical that you follow the aftercare instructions carefully and fully. The steps are listed here as an overview:
Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) aftercare:
- Arrange for a friend or family member to drive you home after surgery and stay with you for two days, or longer.
- Get lots of rest. You will be unable to stand fully upright for about one week, or possibly a few days longer.
- Eat healthy foods, including veggies, fruits, and lean protein. Avoid excessively salty foods or processed foods.
- Pain medication can lead to constipation, so drink lots of water and eat fresh fruit.
- Talk gentle walks to stimulate circulation – its important for healing.
- Only take painkillers as prescribed by your doctor and avoid aspirin or other blood thinning medications.
- Do not smoke or allow anyone to smoke near you.
- Take all medications as directed, including the full course of antibiotics.
- You cannot drive until about four weeks following your surgery as your arm motion may be limited.
- Do not lift, stretch, or pick up anything over five pounds, including children and pets!
- Sexual activity can be resumed after about three weeks, but check with your surgeon.
- Avoid putting strain on your abdominal muscles until fully healed.
Breast surgery aftercare
- Eat fresh, healthy foods and stay hydrated.
- No alcohol during recovery.
- You will need to sleep on your back with upper body elevated on a foam wedge or extra pillows.
- Do not stretch your arms above your shoulder level for two weeks.
- No lifting objects over 5 lbs. for two weeks.
- Massage your breasts as directed.
- Do not run, jump, or any other vigorous physical activities, including exercise, for six weeks.
- You can shower after a few days, but no baths for four weeks. You cannot get your incisions wet for three to four days.
- Wear the compression garment until you are given the okay to switch to a sports bra.
- No underwire bras for at least six weeks.
What are the risks and complications?
As with any surgery, there are some risks with mommy makeover surgery, all of which will be fully explained to you prior to your surgery, but problems and complications are rare. To avoid complications, carefully follow the aftercare instructions provided to you. The risks of surgery include adverse reactions to anesthesia, excessive bleeding, delayed healing, hematoma, blood clots, and a few others. Always ensure a mommy makeover is performed by an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon, at a fully accredited surgery center that meets the standards for patient safety under the AAAASF (American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities). A surgeon and facility that meet those criteria can help you achieve the best mommy makeover Beverly Hills has to offer.
Mommy Makeover FAQs
Does insurance cover a mommy makeover?
Elective surgery is not covered by health insurance. For women who need a breast reduction and are suffering from medical conditions due to overlarge breasts, insurance often covers the procedure.
How many procedures can I get at one time?
In determining how many procedures can be completed in one surgery, we must evaluate your medical condition. Many women can have a breast lift (with or without augmentation) in the same surgery as a tummy tuck.
Do I have to come back on multiple days to get my surgeries?
It depends upon what is best for you and your health. Some patients have a /“staged”/ mommy makeover with procedures performed separately, but many can have this body rejuvenation treatment in one surgery.
Can a mommy makeover help me lose weight?
You will lose weight with the procedure, but the purpose is to restore a firm, fit, youthful look to your body. You may require an added procedure to remove greater quantities of excess fat prior to your makeover.
Do I have to be a mom to get a “mommy makeover?”
No – if your body needs to be restored and rejuvenated, you can undergo these procedures.
What kind of anesthesia is used?
A mommy makeover is typically performed while you are under general anesthesia.
Why choose Dr. Brenner?
Dr. Kevin Brenner has achieved recognition for his outstanding surgical skills. He holds excellent credentials, certified as both a general surgeon and a plastic and reconstructive surgeon, and has a five-star rating on RealSelf, with many glowing reviews from his patients.
Dr. Brenner gained his first degree, a Bachelor of Science degree at the University of Wisconsin, and then pursued his education further by achieving his medical degree at Loyola University in Chicago, known as one of the finest medical schools in the nation. He then completed a five-year general surgery residency in Chicago at Rush University and at Cook County hospitals. His dedication to the art of surgery led him to go further, completing a three-year residency in plastic and reconstructive surgery at the University of California. He has authored many articles published in peer-reviewed plastic surgery journals, along with numerous chapters in plastic surgery textbooks.